Today, I made a list of books that I hope to dive into as part of the Summer Reading Challenge proposed by one of my favorite poets, Oliver de la Paz. Here's how it works:
- Pick 15 books that you would like to finish this summer--any genre, any size. This list doesn't have to be at 15 right from the start. It will grow as the summer continues.
- Of the 15 books, designate 3 that you recommend to co-participants. (After you've read them, of course).
- Of the 15 books, 3 of the books must be from recommendations by other participants.
- Post your 15 book list somewhere with a link so that co-participants can link you on their webpages, tumblr pages, or blogs.
- Hold yourself accountable by posting commentary about a book you've just read. Commentary can also take the form of something creative or artistic.
- The Challenge Ends August 31st. Have fun.